The Tutor Center at South is a warm, inviting, and friendly place where academic help is available at no cost to ALL students. Whether you are in a vocational or college transfer program, the goal of the program is to help students be successful in their classes and stay in school. Tutoring may take the form of: small group tutoring, study buddies or extra time with instructors.
Tutoring begins the second week of the quarter unless special arrangements have been made through the Tutor Center Coordinator.
- Free to all students who are having difficulty in their classes
- Help is available for South students in all subjects - vocational and academic
- Most tutors are also South students who know the faculty and course requirements
- Students can get up to three hours of tutoring help per class per week if available
To qualify for a tutor the student must:
- Fill out a "Request for Tutor" form, available in the Tutor Center.
- Get the instructor to sign and date the request form.
- Return signed and dated form to the Tutor Center Coordinator.
Need occasional help with math or written assignments? South offers math help through the M.A.S.T. program, and drop-in or by-appointment writing assistance in the Writing Center. Open to all South Seattle College students.
Location: Robert Smith Building (RSB), room 12 (See RSB map.)
Regular Hours: See Operating Hours
Phone: (206) 934-6650
Contact Name: Marianna Asaturova