The Tutor Center at SSCC is a warm, inviting, and friendly place where academic help is available at no cost to ALL students. Whether you are in a vocational or college transfer program, the goal of the program is to help students be successful in their classes and stay in school. Tutoring may take the form of: one-on-one tutoring, study buddies, group tutoring, or extra time with instructors.
Tutoring begins the second week of the quarter unless special arrangements have been made through the Tutor Center Coordinator.
- Free to all students who are having difficulty in their classes
- Help is available for SSCC students in all subjects - vocational and academic
- Most tutors are also SSCC students who know the faculty and course requirements
- Students can get three hours of tutoring help per class per week if available
To qualify for a tutor the student must:
- Fill out a "Request for Tutor" form, available in the Tutor Center.
- Get the instructor to sign and date the request form.
- Return signed and dated form to the Tutor Center Coordinator.
- Students must be receiving a "C" grade or below in the course to qualify for individual tutoring (or obtain special permission from the Tutor Center Coordinator)
Need occasional help with math or written assignments? SSCC offers math help through the M.A.S.T. and MALL program, and drop-in or by-appointment writing assistance in the Writing Center and WALL. Open to all South Seattle Community College students.
Location: Robert Smith Building (RSB), room 12 (See RSB map.)
Regular Hours: See Operating Hours
Phone: (206) 934-5137
Contact Name: Roxanne Tillman