3 Steps to Transfer


The Advising and Counseling team has put together information, links, and handouts to help you as you begin your college research. Remember, it is important to work closely with your counselor or advisor AND the college/university to which you plan to transfer.

Visiting university web sites and their campuses is the best way to gather information about a particular university so start researching. You will find information about the schools in Washington by viewing the college transfer schools in Washington.

Who Can Transfer?

Students earning an Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.), or an Associate of Applied Science Transfer (A.A.S.T.) degrees should contact their advisor/counselor for information about transfer opportunities. It is possible to transfer without completing a degree, but most universities prefer if you have completed your degree or prerequisites prior to transferring.

Direct Transfer Agreement

Students who complete an approved Associate’s degree from a Washington state community college are eligible to transfer to most Washington four-year universities under the Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA). Qualifying students transferring with a transfer degree will be given 90 credits towards their 180 credit baccalaureate degree. This does not necessarily guarantee admission to a program or major, so please check with each school. If you wish to transfer to a school not listed on the DTA, please work closely with an advisor/counselor and that school to ensure a smooth transfer process.

What We Offer


Robert Smith Building
(RSB 49B)


Monday - Thursday:
8 am to 4:30 pm
9 am to 4:30 pm