TEST - EMERGENCY MESSAGE - TEST
PROGRAM NAME: WCCCSA London Fall 2016
PROGRAM DATES: TBD
APPLICATION DEADLINE: TBD
PROGRAM FOCUS: Cultural Studies
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: Spend the quarter studying in the great capital city of London. London is a major political, financial and cultural center and through the WCCCSA study abroad program, you can take in its museums, famous theaters, concert halls, sporting grounds and historic buildings with a subsidized program of cultural activities.
PROGRAM FEES: Based on an enrollment of 25 or more participants, for the services specified above, the fee per person is $TBD (generally around $7000). This fee excludes airfare, a $250 refundable damage deposit, optional insurance upgrades, passport or visa fees, meals other than those listed, personal expenses, tuition, textbooks, additional field trips or excursions required by the WCCCSA faculty and anything not specified. These fees are guaranteed not to change as a result of fluctuations in the exchange rate.
• Accommodation in a twin room in a homestay.
• Continental breakfast is provided five days a week (Monday through Friday) and dinner four days a week (Monday through Thursday), and students will have kitchen access for the preparation of any other meals.
• London Transport travel pass, valid for unlimited use on the buses and underground trains in travel zones 1-3.
• Two-day orientation program including a meeting with AIFS staff; workshops on cultural differences, safety/security and travel; an information packet; welcome reception and half-day guided sightseeing tour of London by private coach.
• Subsidized program of optional cultural events, including 5 Friday day trips (to Oxford, Stonehenge and Salisbury, Bath, Brighton and Stratford Upon Avon), 4 theater events, a football or rugby match and a walking tour.
• Access to the wireless-enabled AIFS Student Center and the services of an experienced AIFS Program Coordinator and Student Advisors for information, advice and 24-hour emergency contact service.
• Use of the student computer lab located
• Membership of the University of London Union, which gives access to the Union facilities, subsidized rates to sports facilities and the opportunity to join University of London clubs and societies.
• $50 non-refundable application fee.
• Student medical and program fee refund insurance policies.
Optional Transportation Package
On a space-available basis, students may purchase the optional transportation package consisting of round-trip airfare (Seattle – London– Seattle) and round-trip transfers overseas between the airport and the housing in London for an additional $TBC excluding mandatory U.S. government and airline-imposed departure taxes, fees and fuel surcharges of $TBC
Optional Scotland Excursion (based on 2014 program, subject to change)
An optional 5-day, 4-night excursion to Scotland will be offered for a supplemental fee of $625 per participant. Included in the price is a round-trip train ticket between London and Edinburgh, 4 nights hostel accommodation with breakfast included (2 nights in Edinburgh, 1 night in Loch Ness, 1 night on the Isle of Skye), a 3-day guided bus tour to the highlands and islands of Scotland, entrance to Edinburgh Castle, 2 evening meals and the services of an AIFS staff member throughout the excursion.