- Cardio machines: The Fitness Center has a variety of cardio equipment
including treadmills, ellipticals and bikes made by Precor. There is also a
stepmill, arc trainer and Concept 2 rowing machines.
- Free weights: The Fitness Center offers dumbbells from 2 lbs to 120 lbs,
Kettlebells and strength machines, which include half rack, smith machine,
Abs Oblique Crunch unit, leg press and benches.
- Weight machines: The Fitness Center offers a full line of weight machines
by Paramount, Life Fitness and Hammer Strength.
The Fitness Center is in the Multi-Purpose Building. It can be accessed
through the walkway behind Jerry Brockey Student Center, next to the
Fitness Center Policy
- A valid South Seattle Community College ID must be presented to the
front desk attendant upon every visit in order to enter the Fitness Center.
Students, faculty and staff can obtain an I.D. card from the Cashier's Office.
- If you have a friend, spouse or training partner who is not a current SSCC
student, staff or faculty member and who would like to use the Fitness
Center, they should contact the Fitness Center to pay the $25 quarterly fee.
- Day-use lockers are available. See staff for locker rentals. You must provide
your own lock.
- All members must complete and sign a waiver before using the Fitness
Center facility. Those under 18 must have a guardian sign the waiver.
- Children under 14 are not allowed in the Fitness Center.
- Appropriate attire must be worn. See Fitness Center for listing of appropriate
- Members are expected to comply with policies and safety instructions
provided by the Fitness Center.
- Food and beverages other than bottled water or bottled drinks are not
permitted in any exercise area.