South Seattle Community College does not have on-campus housing or a housing assistance office. We anticipate the following information will assist you in your search for housing. Please Note: The college does not endorse, warrant, or guarantee any resource listed. Information is subject to change.
(There additional resources for International Students)
Apartment or House Hunting
Despite our name, the college is located in West Seattle and not in South Seattle.
Look for an apartment or house in West Seattle, Southwest Seattle, North Burien or downtown Seattle. Bus service from parts of Beacon Hill also serves the college.
Some key neighborhood names to search for are: Alki, Arbor Heights, Boulevard Park, Delridge, Gatewood, Fauntleroy, Highland Park, and Westwood.
According to Dupre and Scott, Apartment Advisors, in the area around South Seattle Community College an average one-bedroom apartment rents for about $550 in Burien, $700 in West Seattle and $570 in White Center.
Home Hunting on the Web
The Seattle Times newspaper: www.seattletimes.com
Property Management Companies
The Seattle Weekly newspaper: www.seattleweekly.com
Rent Tech: www.find-a-place.com
Home Store Apartments: www13.allapartments.com
Cayce and Gain Realtors
3210 California Ave SW
Seattle, WA 98116
ERA Property Management Bianchi-Zaar
4448 California Ave SW
Seattle, WA 98116
Points to Consider When Renting
- Think about location, public transportation, laundry, cleanliness, parking, and security.
- Before signing a lease or a rental agreement, make sure that you read and understand everything in the contract. If you are unclear about anything, ask for help from a parent, friend, or your advisor. Also, always get a photocopy of anything you sign.
- Do not sign a lease unless you are sure you like the apartment enough to stay the full time specified in the lease.
- Be prepared to take 2-4 weeks apartment or house hunting.
- Consider staying with a host family for a month or so to get familiar with the area and allow time for your search.
Temporary Housing Options
Hostelling International - Seattle
84 Union St.
Seattle, WA 98101
YMCA /Downtown Seattle
4thAvenue and Madison
Seattle, WA 98104
16838 Pacific Hwy, South
(Near the airport)
Seattle, WA 98188
Marriott Sea-Tac Airport
3201 S. 176th St
Wildwood Bed and Breakfast
4518 SW Wildwood Place
Seattle, WA 98136