The South Seattle Community College Nursing Program aspires to be:
- Student-centered, with special (not exclusive) emphasis on emerging English speakers
- Seamlessly articulated from CNA to LPN to RN within the Seattle Community College District
- Tailored to the individual student's career goals, background experience and capacity via initial and intake triage and ongoing case management.
- Supplemented with ESL, English for Special Purposes (ESP) concurrent courses, and tutoring
- Supplemented by multilingual Computer Assisted Instruction (CAI) learning opportunities for self pacing and flexibility
- Delivered in a 9-bed clinical nursing laboratory
- Provided with support of a computer assisted health sciences learning laboratory
- A three-quarter LPN to RN Ladder program that integrates the LPN and CNA programs in the following sequence and prerequisites:
- CNA (quarter I)
- Prerequisites (i.e. MAT 102, ANP 213, ANP 214, PSY 206, BIO 280, ENG 101)
- LPN II, III, IV, V
- RN VI, VII, VIII
Questions? Please call 206-934-6654.