Important Notice: The application period for the 2013 summer-start RN program is now closed. Please check here in September for application dates for the 2014 RN program.
Overview of LPN to RN Ladder Program
- The Registered Nurse program is a 3 quarter, 119 credit college program.
- RN program starts once a year in either fall or summer quarter depending on clinical site availability.
- Upon successful completion of the three-quarter program at SSCC students earn an AAS-T degree and are qualified to take the NCLEX exam to become a Registered Nurse in Washington state.
- Additional courses may be required for admittance into various BSN programs.
- The RN program is a mostly evening and weekend program. A sample schedule is lecture and lab on one afternoon and evening a week, and clinical on one full weekend day. Days of the week vary by quarter.
- The RN program is a full time program. The Nursing Department does not recommend students working full time while attending this program.
Overview of Potential RN Employment Opportunities
- A registered nurse provides nursing care to clients in a variety of settings.
- The RN works under the direction of physicians and alongside other healthcare professionals.
- The RN provides nursing care that requires technical knowledge, skill, critical thinking, and decision making skills.
- RN’s will have employment and future advancement in hospital, medical offices, clinics, nursing homes, home health care agencies, and schools.
- RN’s who work for a hospital, clinic or individual physician usually receive a full benefit package.
Degree Planning Sheet (PDF)
Program Outcomes & Student Learning Outcomes (PDF)
Curriculum Overview (PDF)
Contact Lynne Cochran, Program Coordinator
Email: Lynne.Cochran@seattlecolleges.edu (best method)