ANNOUNCEMENT: South Seattle College will not offer the RN phase of the LPN-RN Ladder program fall quarter 2014. This does not impact the LPN program, which will proceed as scheduled. For questions or additional information, please contact Lynne Cochran, Nursing Program Coordinator, at 206.932.6889 or Lynne.Cochran@seattlecolleges.edu.
Overview of LPN to RN Ladder Program
- The Registered Nurse program is a 3 quarter, 119 credit college program.
- RN program starts once a year in either fall or summer quarter depending on clinical site availability.
- Upon successful completion of the three-quarter program at SSCC students earn an AAS-T degree and are qualified to take the NCLEX exam to become a Registered Nurse in Washington state.
- Additional courses may be required for admittance into various BSN programs.
- The RN program is a full time program. Class schedules and clinical rotation days are subject to change. The Nursing Department does not recommend students working full time while attending this program.
Overview of Potential RN Employment Opportunities
- A registered nurse provides nursing care to clients in a variety of settings.
- The RN works under the direction of physicians and alongside other healthcare professionals.
- The RN provides nursing care that requires technical knowledge, skill, critical thinking, and decision making skills.
- RN’s will have employment and future advancement in hospital, medical offices, clinics, nursing homes, home health care agencies, and schools.
- RN’s who work for a hospital, clinic or individual physician usually receive a full benefit package.
Degree Planning Sheet (PDF)
Program Outcomes & Student Learning Outcomes (PDF)
Curriculum Overview (PDF)
The LPN to RN Ladder program has been granted conditional approval by the Washington State Nursing Commission.
Contact Lynne Cochran, Program Coordinator
Email: Lynne.Cochran@seattlecolleges.edu (best method)