Overview of LPN Program
- The Licensed Practical Nurse program is a 4 quarter, 78 credit college program.
- Upon successful completion of the four-quarter program at SSCC students earn a Certificate in Practical Nursing and are qualified to take the Washington State exam to become a licensed practical nurse.
- Students may choose to earn additional general education credits to receive an Associate of Applied Science once they have completed the Practical Nursing Program.
- The LPN program is a full time program. Class schedules and clinical rotation days are subject to change. The Nursing Department does not recommend students working full time while attending this program.
Overview of Potential LPN Employment Opportunities
- A licensed practical nurse provides bedside care to patients.
- The LPN works under the direction of physicians and registered nurses (RNs).
- The LPN provides nursing care that requires technical knowledge and skill.
- LPN's will have employment and future advancement in hospital, medical offices, clinics, nursing homes and home health care agencies.
- LPN's who work for a hospital, clinic or individual physician usually receive a full benefit package.
Type of Degree: Certificate
Degree Planning Sheet (PDF)
Program Outcomes and Student Learning Outcomes (PDF)
Contact Lynne Cochran, Program Coordinator
Email: Lynne.Cochran@seattlecolleges.edu (best method)