Are you looking for a career that combines art and science, provides a balance between physical and intellectual work, and gets you out of the office and in contact with nature? Consider landscape horticulture.
The SSC Landscape Horticulture Program provides:
- Immediate job skills
- The program combines lecture, hands-on application, field trips and projects.
- Arboretum - a 5-acre outdoor classroom and laboratory.
- Greenhouse nursery production facility
- Retail Garden Center
- Industry internships
- Annual hiring event
- International internship opportunities at the Royal Horticultural Society Garden—Harlow Carr northern England. See internship details.
New Courses In:
- Ecological Restoration
- Irrigation Training
Resources Available to Students
- Instructors with industry experience; provide career guidance as part of the educational process.
- Campus Arboretum - 5-acre outdoor classroom on site.
- LHO Facilities - greenhouse, nursery and retail garden center.
- Internship Program - provides industry work experience and networking.
- SSCC Career Development Services has postings of job opportunities and internships in the industry, and can help with resume preparation.
Ten Most Frequently Asked Questions