How To Apply
Looking for Scholarship Information?
Please visit the Foundation web page for scholarship information.
You need to apply to South Seattle College, as well as apply to the BAS program - and admission is competitive. Meeting the minimum application requirements does not guarantee admission as the number of qualified applicants may exceed the number of available enrollment spaces. Our cohort program enrolls students one time per year to begin in Fall quarter. Applications for admission are accepted after January 1st for Fall enrollment. Applications received after the priority deadline (see cover page of Application Packet for current priority deadline) will be reviewed and accepted on a space-available basis. Please contact the BAS Programs Office for more information.
Applications must include the following:
- A completed Application Form (PDF Help).
- A non-refundable check for $35, payable to "South Seattle College BAS, SBST." This fee covers your application to SSC, transcript evaluation, and your individualized program plan.
- Official transcripts from a regionally accredited college demonstrating completion of college and technical courses.
- A completed and signed Transcript Evaluation Request Form
- Two letters of recommendation, from individuals who personally know your work (such as your current or past supervisor), that discuss your contributions to your work place, and how he or she believes you will benefit from completion of the Sustainable Building Science Technology program. If you are applying for this program immediately after completing an associate degree program, the letters of recommendation may be from your instructors on college letterhead. All letters need to contain your references’ name and contact information.
**Note: Applications will not be considered without a minimum of two recommendation letters.
- A personal statement of 400 - 600 words discussing:
- your sustainable building experience
- your personal and professional goals - what do you hope to achieve?
- any advanced certifications you already possess and how they will help you in the program
- unique attributes that you will bring to the program
- how you plan to balance the requirements of this program with other priorities such as work and/or family responsibilities
- any other special considerations that you believe will make you a good candidate for the program
Please mail all completed application materials to:
ATTN: SBST BAS Program
South Seattle College
6737 Corson Ave. S.
Seattle, WA 98108
To request additional information or a hard copy of the application packet, contact:
Phone: (206) 934-6783
FAX: (206) 934-5156