All students must apply to the BAS program and admission is competitive. Meeting the minimum application requirements does not guarantee admission as the number of qualified applicants may exceed the number of available enrollment spaces. The BAS program enrolls students one time per year to begin in fall quarter. Applications for admission are accepted after January 1st for fall enrollment. The priority application deadline is April 18, 2014. Applications received after the priority deadline will be accepted and reviewed on a space available basis. Please contact the BAS Programs Office for more information.
We are accepting applications now! The priority application deadline is April 18, 2014.
Applications must include the following:
- A completed Application Packet.
- A completed “Industry Experience Verification” form demonstrating a minimum of 2-years industry work experience.
- A non-refundable check for $35.00, payable to “South Seattle College BAS, SBST” (This fee covers your application to SSCC, transcript evaluation and your individualized program plan). Include your SID number on the check.
- Official transcripts from a regionally accredited college demonstrating completion of an approved associate degree AND an “Incoming Academic Transcript Evaluation Request” form.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who personally know your work (such as your current or past supervisor), that discuss your contributions to your workplace and how he/she believes you will benefit from completion of the BAS program. If you are applying for this program immediately after completing an associate degree program, the letters of recommendation may be from your instructors on college letterhead.
**Note: All letters of recommendation must include the recommender’s name and contact information. Applications will not be considered without a minimum of 2 recommendation letters.
- A personal statement (minimum of 400 words, maximum of 600 words) that addresses the following:
- Your sustainable building experience(s).
- Your personal and professional goals. What do you hope to achieve?
- Any advanced certifications you already possess and how they will help you in the program.
- Unique attributes that you will bring to the program.
- How you plan to balance the requirements of this program with other priorities such as work and/or family responsibilities.
- Any other special considerations that you believe will make you a good candidate for the program.
Completed application materials must be submitted to:
SBST BAS Program
South Seattle College
6737 Corson Ave. S.
Seattle, WA 98108
To request additional information or a hard copy of the application packet, contact:
Phone: (206) 934-5375
FAX: (206) 934-7949