Looking for Scholarship Information?
Please visit the Foundation web page
for scholarship information.
All students must apply to the BAS program and admission is competitive. Meeting the minimum application requirements does not guarantee admission as the number of qualified applicants may exceed the number of available enrollment spaces. The BAS program enrolls students one time per year to begin in fall quarter. Applications for admission are accepted after January 1st for fall enrollment. The priority application deadline is April 4, 2014. Applications received after the priority deadline will be accepted and reviewed on a space available basis. Please contact the BAS Programs Office for more information.
The PTTE BAS application deadline for priority consideration is April 4, 2014. Applications received after the priority deadline will be accepted and reviewed on a space available basis. Please contact the BAS Programs Office for more information.
Applications must include the following:
- A completed Application Form.
- A completed “Industry Experience Verification” form demonstrating a minimum of 2-years industry work experience.
- A non-refundable check for $35.00, payable to “South Seattle College BAS, PTE” (This fee covers your application to SSCC, transcript evaluation and your individualized program plan). Include your SID number on the check.
- Official transcripts from a regionally accredited college demonstrating completion of an approved associate degree AND an “Incoming Academic Transcript Evaluation Request” form.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who personally know your work (such as your current or past supervisor), that discuss your contributions to your workplace and how he/she believes you will benefit from completion of the BAS program. If you are applying for this program immediately after completing an associate degree program, the letters of recommendation may be from your instructors on college letterhead. All letters of recommendation must include the recommender’s name and contact information.
- A personal statement (minimum of 400 words, maximum of 600 words) that addresses the following:
- Describe your teaching experience. If you have not formally taught, address any supervisory or mentor experiences you have had.
- Discuss your personal and professional goals. What do you hope to achieve?
- Elaborate on any advanced certifications you already possess and how they have helped you on the job.
- Mention any specific or unique attributes that you will bring to the program.
- Address how you plan to balance the requirements of this program with other priorities such as work and/or family responsibilities.
- Add any other special considerations that you believe will make you a good candidate for the program.
Completed application materials must be submitted to:
ATTN: BAS, Teach Tech Program
South Seattle College
6000 16th Ave SW – TEC 140
Seattle, WA 98106-1499
To request additional information or a hard copy of the application packet, contact:
Phone: (206) 934-6783
FAX: (206) 934-5156