Looking for Scholarship Information?
Please visit the Foundation web page
for scholarship information.
All students must apply to the BAS program and admission is competitive. Meeting the minimum application requirements does not guarantee admission, as the number of qualified applicants may exceed the number of available enrollment spaces. The BAS program enrolls students 1 time per year to begin in fall quarter. Applications for admission are accepted after January 1st for fall enrollment on a space available basis. Please contact the BAS program office for more information.
Applications must include the following:
- A completed Application Form (PDF Help).
- A Non-refundable check for $35, payable to "South Seattle Community College BAS Program." The $35.00 application fee covers your application to SSCC, transcript evaluation and your individualized program plan.
- Official transcripts from a regionally accredited college demonstrating completion of the Associate of Applied Science - Transfer Degree. Please note that your transcripts are only considered to be 'official' if we receive them in an unopened envelope from the institution of origin.
- A completed and signed Transcript Evaluation Request Form
- Two letters of recommendation, from individuals who personally know your work (such as your current or past supervisor), that discuss your contributions to your work place and how he or she believes you will benefit from completion of the BAS program. If you are applying for this program immediately after completing an associate degree program, the letters of recommendation may be from your instructors on college letterhead.
- A personal statement that is a minimum of 400 and not more than 600 words discussing your work experience; your personal and professional goals; advanced certifications you already possess; any specific or unique attributes that you will bring to the program; any personal or imposed challenges or hardships you have overcome in pursuing your educational or work goals; or any other special considerations that you believe will make you a good candidate for the program.
Please mail all completed application materials to:
ATTN: Katie Frazier
South Seattle Community College
6000 16th Ave SW – TEC 140
Seattle, WA 98106-1499
To request additional information or an application packet, please contact:
Katie Frazier, Manager of Baccalaureate Degree Programs
Phone: (206) 934-6783
FAX: (206) 934-5156