Welcome to the AANAPISI site!
Located on the second floor of the Library, Room 220, the AANAPISI Center is a place where you will find holistic support in an environment with the sense of belonging.
We support student retention and success, with special focus on Asian American and Pacific Islander students. The AANAPISI Center's services are to help Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) students, as well as ALL students at South Seattle College.
Our services include
- Creating an environment conducive to AAPI students' learning and sense of belonging
- Providing educational plannig for academic transfer and professional-technical programs
- Culturally relevant mentoring, tutoring, and study group support
- Promoting student self-advocacy/responsibility and leadership skills
- Strengthening faculty/staff understanding and sensitivity in working with AAPI students
- Helping students navigate the higher education system and providing referrals to appropriate campus and community services
- Infusing cultural identity and pride into course curriculum and support services by the sharing of best practices
- Study space with two computers
- Supporting AAPI student groups and initiatives (i.e. Pacific Islander student club, Pacific Islander Study Group).
For hours and other information: check out our Facebook page
Come visit us!