The SSCC Parent-Cooperative Preschools feature a stimulating preschool environment for children and parent education and friendship for parents.
By enrolling your child in a parent cooperative preschool you are simultaneously enrolled in a vocational course through SSCC titled "Parent Education Child Study Laboratory." The goal of this course is to foster competent parenting and family management skills.
Parents enrolled in the class are required to:
Visit their website for more information about the program and the various preschool locations.
- work one day per week in the preschool
- provide a nutritious snack on a rotating basis
- hold a "special job" - from playdough maker to chairman
- attend a two-hour monthly evening parenting meeting
- attend a two-hour quarterly parent education seminar