Opportunity Grant Scholarship Overview
Opportunity Grant Scholarships provide educational access and support for low-income adults to progress further and faster along demand career pathways.
The scholarship provides for up to 45 credits in tuition and fees plus some funding for texts, supplies and tools. Students enrolled in the following professional-technical programs at South may apply:
- Washington resident as defined by RCW 28B.15.012.
- Students who have earned a previous certificate or degree are not eligible.
- Enrolled in an Opportunity Grant-eligible program of study (see above programs.)
- Apply and have financial need – based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) apply on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Must receive Financial Aid awarding prior to second quarter to continue eligibility for Opportunity Grant Scholarship.
- Or, apply and have financial need – based on the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) at www.readysetgrad.org/wasfa
- Must receive Financial Aid awarding prior to second quarter to continue eligibility for Opportunity Grant Scholarship.
- Not received OG funding for more than 45 credits or more than 3 years from initial receipt of funds in one or a combination of programs (incl. required related courses in a program.)
- Maintains a cumulative 2.0 grade point average.
- Family income at or below 200% of the federal poverty level. (see table for eligibility on the OG application – linked below
- Complete Opportunity Grant Application
- Apply for FAFSA @ www.fafsa.ed.gov (SSC School Code: 009706)
- Or, apply for WASFA @ www.readysetgrad.org/wasfa
- Make appointment with the Opportunity Grant Coordinator (206) 934-5200
Coordinator: Sharon Norman
Location: Robert Smith Building (RSB), Room 49A
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm