Classroom/Open Lab log-in procedure
- 1st letter of your 1st name + whole last name + last 3 digits of your SID
- Example: John Doe = jdoe123
- Your initial password will be the same as your login name
- You must change it once you login
Campus wireless access
- Security Set Identifier (SSID): SouthWirelessNetwork
- Your wireless capable devices/laptops should be automatically connected
- To access the Internet:
- Open a browser, i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera or Chrome
- At the prompt, login with your student account
Printing costs on campus
Students are not charged for printing, but they have a printing quota, for which each student is given 325 printing credits per quarter. This quota is reset every quarter.
This quota counts against both black/white and color printing.
- For black/white printing: 1 credit = 1 page
- For color printing: 15 credits = 1 page
If students use up all the 325 credits before the quarter ends, they will need to buy printing cards with additional 55 credits for $5, or, 325 credits for $20 at the cashier’s office. Students can redeem the cards after they login to the PaperCut printing system with their student accounts at http://printing.southseattle.edu:9191/.
Software for home use
South Seattle Community College has partnered with e-Academy to allow students, staff, and faculty to order software for home use at academically discounted prices. The academic software discounts offered on this web store are not for the general public. The discounts are for a member of an academic institution only.
To qualify for ordering academically discounted software, students will be requested to provide proof of their academic affiliation with SSCC. To provide proof of their SSCC academic affiliation during the registration process, students will need an email with southseattle.edu domain to register. Link to SSCC e-Academy Web Store is: http://sscc.onthehub.com/. Please note that ITS does not support e-mail issues, and should not be contacted regarding this.