New Student Orientation
Attending the New Student Orientation is mandatory for all international students. The reason is because students receive important information about policies regarding F-1 student visa. Students also learn about services offered at South Seattle College and meet the staff from the Center for International Education. It’s a wonderful opportunity to meet students from other countries and many will develop friendships that will last for lifetime. Please plan your travel accordingly so that you can attend the orientation.
The following are some of the activities that will take place during the Orientation:
- Take the English proficiency test (COMPASS) for placement into our Intensive English Program or college level courses
- Receive academic advising and register for classes
- Get South Seattle College student I.D. card
- Receive information on public transportation and how to get a bus card.
- Learn how to open an American bank account
- Learn how to buy and open a mobile phone account
- Learn about different housing accommodations
- Attend fun activities to get to know Seattle
- Tour of Seattle downtown
- Visit various Washington State landmark
- Volunteer with a local organization
- Learn of shopping areas close to South Seattle College
- And More!!
Orientation Schedule (PDF)