How to Apply
All applicants are welcome to apply by either submitting the downloadable paper application or using the online application.
Downloadable Application for Admission
Application Fee by Credit Card
Please submit the supporting documents for the application packet indicated below either by fax or scan/email or upload using Online Application:
- International Student Application for Admission
- Official Bank Statement dated within last six months showing adequate funding to support the applicant for one academic year (3 quarters) for the following programs:
- Intensive English Program: US$17,787
- Academic/College Level: US$19,306
- Bachelor of Applies Science: US$28,107
- $50 non-refundable Application Fee payable by credit card, check, or wire transfer made to “South Seattle Community College”.
- Provide a copy of applicant’s passport photo page
- For transfer of credits, please provide official transcript for post-secondary credits to South Seattle Community College. Official transcripts must be in English, stamped and sealed in a school envelope and sent directly to South’s International Programs Office by the school. Additional charges will occur for transcript evaluation through a third party.
South Seattle College welcomes transfer students from other English-speaking country colleges or universities. In addition to meeting all new student admission requirements, must also submit the following:
- International Student Transfer In Form
- Copy of current I-20 Form (Pages 1 and 3)
- Copy of current visa
- Photocopy of both sides of Form I-94 (arrival/departure card), usually stapled in your passport, or print an electronic copy here: www.cbp.gov/I94
Additional Financial Requirements
Students studying in the Aviation Maintenance Technology, Nursing and Culinary Arts should budget an additional US$1,500-$2,400 for specialized tools, uniforms and equipment for the first year.
Students With Dependents
An additional $2,000.00 per child and $3,000.00 for a spouse should be added to the above total. Students must purchase medical insurance plan for all dependents offered through the South Seattle Community College.
South Seattle College has experienced difficulties with applicants from certain countries who have either not had adequate finances to cover their expenses in the United States, or have failed to report to the college after entering the United States as an F-1 student. In an effort to prevent similar problems from occurring, SSCC will require an advance deposit of US $4,500.00 to ensure that applicants from these countries are financially prepared to study in the United States, and that applicants intend to enroll as international students. Applicants will not be issued an I-20 form until the tuition deposit is received in full.
Following is a list of countries affected by this policy for South Seattle Community College:
If a student who has paid the deposit is unable to obtain the F-1 student visa, s/he will be eligible to defer to a later quarter. Deferment can only occur twice. If the student is still unable to obtain the F-1 visa, the original I-20 form, as well as the original consulate letter showing proof of visa denial must be mailed directly to SSCC in order to get a refund of the tuition deposit. The student will then be refunded the tuition deposit, minus any applicable bank charges. The application fee ($50.00) is not refundable.