High School Conversion Program
South Seattle College offers High School Conversion Program to qualified International students. The students enrolled in this program will complete high school and two-year Associate’s Degree at the same time. This means that students earn two-year college/university credits while completing high school requirements. After two years, students will receive a Washington State high school diploma and Associate’s Degree diploma that is transferable to universities across the United States.
Note: Students completing Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Business (A.B.), and Associate of Science (A.S.) degrees are eligible for High School Conversion Program. Students completing Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) as well as Associate of Applied Science Transfer (A.A.S.-T.) degrees may ask for High School Conversion Program endorsement after they turn 21.
Requirements for admission:
- Students must be at least 16 years old by the quarter start date
- Students must have completed 10th year with GPA of B (2.75/4.0) scale
- Students who are mature, academically motivated and prepared to succeed in university level education
Requirements for graduation:
- Pacific Northwest History (HIS 214) - 5 credits
- American Government (POL 202) or U.S. History (HIST 146) - 5 credits
- Research Paper: Culminating Project (ENG 102) - 5 credits
- A High School and Beyond Plan which includes: Resume, Cover Letter and Personal Statement
- SAT Test Scores minimum: Math 470, Reading 350, Writing 380