South Seattle College Conversation Group
The South Seattle College Conversation Group is designed for students, faculty, staff,and community members who are interested in language exchange, other cultures, and making new friends! You can find out about upcoming events on our Meetup site:
SIGN UP HERE ↓
What is Meetup.com?
Meetup is a social networking site that connects local people who share similar interests. We use Meetup as a tool for Conversation Group participants to post their own events and gatherings. All you need to do is make a profile and join the South Seattle College Conversation Group. The CIE activities staff will post Meetups although we encourage students to post their own events.
How to I make a Meetup Profile?
It's easy! Just sign up for account on www.meetup.com. You can sign up via Facebook or make your own account. Once you have completed your profile just search for South Seattle Conversation Group and click join. Simple as pie!
How do I post a Meetup:
Once you have joined our group give us 1-2 days to approve you as a member. Once you are approved you will be able to schedule a Meetup on the home page. Make sure you give a time, date, and location and include a description of the topic of discussion. If you need ideas please contact the CIE team.
Examples of MeetupsGet coffee, meet up a Bernie's on campus, go skiing, explore Seattle, hike Discovery Park, play board games, practice your language skills, and participate in other Center for International Education Activities and Events.
- Check the Meetup site regularly and utilize it to stay in contact with the CIE Activities Team as well as the conversation group.
- Conversation Group is NOT a dating services, mentor program, or tutoring service.
- Respect each member's culture, religion, and gender.
- Learn about other cultures through conversation.
- Participate in Meetups at least twice per month.
- Do not post Meetups at establishments that primarily serve alcoholic beverages
- Respect each others time. If you post a meetup or RSVP and cannot meet the group at the set time, please notify them at least one day in advance.
If you are interested in learning more about the Conversation Group Program, please contact email@example.com.