Mission & Values
South Seattle College is a constantly evolving educational community dedicated to providing quality learning experiences which prepare students to meet their goals for life and work.
The College values and promotes a close involvement with the community and strong partnerships with business, labor and industry.
The college commits to meeting the diverse needs of students by providing:
- Applied baccalaureate, associate degree, college transfer, certificate, technical and professional, and pre-college programs which prepare students to succeed in their careers and further their education.
- Responsive technical and professional training programs developed in collaboration with business, labor and industry.
- Student-centered and community centered programs and services which value diversity, support learning, and promote student success.
- Lifelong learning opportunities for the cultural, social, professional and personal development of the members of our communities.
- Student Achievement
- Teaching and Learning
- College Culture and Climate
- Community Engagement and Partnerships
College Community Responsibilities
We at South Seattle College believe that each of us shall...
- Treat each other with courtesy and respect
- Speak civilly and act responsibly with consideration for the rights of others
- Affirm the value of diversity and promote cultural sensitivity
- Maintain a safe and welcoming community