The College applies green and sustainable concepts in many ways, with more in development. Some highlights:
- The College received "Recycler of the Year” award.
- Practice green cleaning/chemical hygiene: using non-toxic chemicals.
- Practice green landscaping, including composting of grass clippings, using less water, creating a rain garden.
- Use of “green” architects; new building designs to allow more natural light into classrooms.
- Installation of low-flow toilets and water fixtures.
- Installation of light sensors in classrooms and an automatic computer shutdown program campus-wide.
- Transportation Management Program leader: use of buses, carpools, bicycles.
- Member, Seattle Climate Partnership.