Permanent Washington State employees who work half time (50% FTE) or more may register on a space-available basis using the Washington State Space-Available Employee Tuition Waiver. Employees may apply this waiver up to six (6) credits each quarter. The cost for the first six (6) credits is $20.00 plus any associated fees.
If you believe space will be available:
- Complete the Certification of Employment form.
- Attend the first day of class.
- Using the standard enrollment form (available in the Registration Office, Robert Smith Building), obtain instructor’s signature if space is available. Students using this waiver may not be moved ahead of students on class waitlists.
- Submit the enrollment form and the Certification of Employment form to the Registration Office between the 6th and 10th instructional days of the quarter (5th through the 8th days in summer).
Policies and Exceptions to the Waiver
- A new Certification of Employment form must be completed and presented each quarter.
- This waiver cannot be used for Continuing Education or WAOL classes.
- Faculty members may not use the waiver for first aid courses.
- Employees in the K-12 system are eligible for the waiver with verification that they are teachers or certificated instructional staff employed at public common and vocational schools, holding or seeking a valid endorsement and assignment in a state-identified shortage area.
- Students enrolled in more than six (6) credits will be charged the regular tuition rate on all credits in excess of six (6).
- Students enrolling prior to the 6th instructional day of the quarter (5th for summer quarter) will forfeit their waiver eligibility and must pay full tuition.