ALL CLEAR: Nearby police activity has concluded. Campus has reopened.
Undocumented students in Washington State have the right to attend colleges and universities, and many qualify for state-funded financial aid because of the Washington Dream Act, also called the REAL Hope Act.

NOTE: Students with an F-1 visa (student visa) are not eligible for this funding.

Do I Qualify:

You qualify if you answer yes to the following three questions:

  1. I have, or will have, graduated from a high school in Washington State, or will have obtained my GED in Washington State.
  2. I have lived in Washington State for at least three years prior to, and continuously since, graduating from high school.
  3. I am currently attending or plan to attend a public college or university in Washington State.

How Do I Apply:

  1. Start a new WASFA: this free application — known as the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) — is now available for students to complete online

  2. Watch for an email from the South Seattle College Financial Aid Office: once we receive your WASFA information we will send you an email requesting additional documents to complete your file. Please follow the directions in the email carefully.

  3. Submit ALL required documents by the deadline date for the quarter in which you want to start: deadlines can be viewed at the link When Do I Apply? 

How Often Do I Apply

You must complete a WASFA application for each academic year you plan on attending as well as all required documents from South Seattle College. WASFA applications are available October 1 of each year.

Note: Eligibility for state aid does not guarantee an award as the grants are awarded on a funds-available basis.


Robert Smith Building map


Monday, Tuesday, Thursday

8:00 am to 4:30 pm


Closed to process paperwork


9:00 am to 4:30 pm


(206) 934-5317




(206) 934-7947