Transportation Subsidies for SSCC Students
Funded by the Transportation Management Fee, South Seattle Community College subsidizes many different transportation options for students. SSCC students can save money, save the environment, and relieve stress.
The SCCD-issued ORCA Card is a transit pass that is accepted by all 6 Puget Sound regional transit authorities. The pass can be used for travel during peak and off-peak times without zone-restrictions.
- Summer : $150
- Fall, Winter, Spring: $200
Students enrolled in 10 or more credits may purchase the pass at the discounted price. Students enrolled for less than 10 credits pay the standard price. The discount does not apply to all students. ABE/ESL students, some Running Start and other student types will be charged the standard price.
Students may purchase either an ORCA Card or Parking Permit, but not both.
Fee is charged when requesting a transit pass.
Lost / Stolen / Misplaced ORCA cards:
South Transportation Services Office and management are not responsible for lost, stolen, or misplaced ORCA cards and bus pass. PLEASE TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR PASS.
Other Transit Agency Passes
- SSCC students taking 10 or more college credits also have the option of purchasing a pass from another transit agency like Ship-to-Shore or Community Transit and be reimbursed up to $60 quarterly.
- See the Transportation Coordinator in Robert Smith, room 50 (RSB map) to request reimbursement.
- SSCC students taking under 10 college credits are not eligible for this reimbursement.
- A carpool is defined as 2 or more individuals commuting together for at least 50% of the carpool's longest individual commute distance.
- Students must register at the start of each quarter with the Transportation Coordinator in Robert Smith, room 50 (RSB map) and carpool each commute.
- Registered participants must be old enough to be eligible for a Washington State driver's license.
- A free Ride Match service is available from Metro to help you form a carpool. Call Metro at 206-625-4500 for more information or apply online at: www.rideshareonline.com
Walkers and Bike Riders
- Students must register at the start of each quarter with the Transportation Coordinator in Robert Smith, room 50 (RSB map).
Websites For Additional Transportation Information