- Read and listen actively to learn and communicate.
- Speak and write effectively for academic and career purposes.
Use arithmetic and other basic mathematical operations as required by program of study
- Apply quantitative skills for academic and career purposes.
- Human Relations
- Use social interactive skills to work in groups effectively.
- Have knowledge of the diverse cultures represented in our multicultural society.
- Critical Thinking & Problem-Solving
- Think critically in evaluating information, solving problems and making decisions.
- Select and use appropriate technological tools for academic and career tasks.
- Personal Responsibility
- Uphold the highest standard of academic honesty and integrity.
- Respect the rights of others in the classroom, online and in all other school activities.
- Attend class regularly, complete assignments on time and effectively participate in classroom and online discussions, group work and other class-related projects and activities.
- Abide by appropriate safety rules in laboratories, shops and classrooms.
- Information Literacy
- Independently access, evaluate and select information from a variety of appropriate sources.
- Have knowledge about legal and ethical issues related to the use of information.
- Use information effectively and ethically for a specific purpose.
Seattle Community College District