As an institution of higher education, it is important that we foster an environment which is free of sexual harassment and set an example as a place where people treat each other with consideration and respect. Sexual harassment will not be tolerated at this college.
Sexual harassment is defined as: unwelcome or unwanted sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature.
Some examples of sexual harassment include:
- Sexist humor or remarks
- Remarks about one's physical appearance which implies sexual interest
- Showing nude or sexual pictures
- Sexual graffiti
- Written communications with sexual overtones
- Pressure for dates
- Kissing, patting or fondling
- Requests for sex in exchange for grades or employment
South Seattle Community College is committed to providing an environment in which students and employees can study and work without sexual intimidation. If you feel you have been subjected to this behavior, you may contact the following offices:
- Affirmative Action Officer (Kathy Vedvick) 206.934.6415
- Vice President, Student Services (Kim Manderbach) 206.934.6763
- Instructional Administrator for your program area
College brochures concerning this issue are posted throughout the campus and are available in college offices.
For more information read the Seattle Community College District Sexual Harassment policy.