What is an Educational Plan?
Educational Plan:a quarter-by-quarter plan of which classes you are planning to take at South to meet your goals (e.g. graduation, degree completion, transfer, etc)
Why is it important?
- Ensure courses you are taking meet graduation requirements
- Prepare to transfer to a university
- Ownership of educational journey; this is YOUR responsibility
What are the Steps to creating an Educational Plan?
- Choose a major or program. If you are not sure which program is best for you, see an advisor/counselor.
- Create a draft educational plan using the Educational Plan.
- Set up an appointment with an advisor or counselor to go over your draft and to ask questions.
- Revise your educational plan as your goals and timelines change. Check in each quarter with your advisor to ensure the courses you select are still acceptable.
Who do I contact for help?
Advising: Appointments available by phone: Call 206-934-5387 or stop by RSB 11.
What if I am unsure of what to study?
Counselors are ready to help you explore! Request a counseling appointment by calling 206-934-6409
Note: Educational Planning appointments are not available during peak registration times (e.g. the first week of the quarter) so be sure to plan ahead!